Midnight Lullabies - Mohit Mukhi
![]() |
| Pic Credit : Prashin Jagger |
As I wake up to the morning of Friday the 13th, I press play on Mohit Mukhi’s Brand new EP that he released on 12th Oct, exactly after 17 months from his first EP called Running shoes and a thousand dreams. He has made his dream come true with his one day young EP “ Midnight Lullabies” and it's anything but lullabies. It's a beautiful amalgamation of artistry and silence with immaculate harmonies and fantastic production by Lima Yanger who recorded, mixed and mastered this project. I am a sucker for those things. We have had conversations post his release of first EP that it's his dream to record an album with a band that he can recreate with and he found that in Heather Andrews and Rahul Wadhwani. He is a dreamer and he works on making it a reality quietly! This is all we need, Good content to look at the talent pool our country creates rather than looking outside of this gold pot of talent.This is my attempt on doing that and be responsible for this craft.The sound fills my living room as i am perched on my sofa, the weather outside is playing around and the trees are dancing in the rain. The mood is just right.
A little Long is the first song on the EP, and it says,” I can tell all these lights, will soon be in bed, but then again we do, we have the moon instead”. So I would happily so do that as Heather comes in the chorus and makes you want to stay and with no effort at all.
Lucky man ( check out his official lyric video he released by Rolling Stone India) in collaboration with Choorma and it makes you feel exactly that, well for me Lucky woman to hear this kind of song writing and the signature sound of Mohit Mukhi, Simple,Honest intricate sound that is delicately weaved.And I quote his song lyrics “ Sitting here by the windowsill, we see the summer evening getting lost in the dark”. Pretty much what's happening to me while I hear it.
My heart in my hand is hands down my favorite with just the way it has been produced with Heather Andrews beautiful voice. They blend in each others voices in the story telling that it leaves you mushy even though you don't believe in mushy things.
Are we where we want to be is how you would remember yourself when you were a child, it has that old school charm which I personally enjoy and Mo is a magician at doing that and making things stand still and just listen to it and take a breather. It resonates everything that is simple yet full of artistry. Heather sounds divine.
In your mind makes you feel gloomy as it shares the longing about a special someone and it didn't turn out the way you want to. I need to ask Mo about this for sure, Ladies he is single and a very kind man so you might want to say hello to this beautiful shy man who weaves magic.
In my head will give you a peep into how this songwriter visions his aspirations, maybe longing for a place in his head, which is” A Tiny house on a cliff, and a tiny life but a home it is”, I would highly recommend you read the lyrics when you listen to it the first time, second time you will do it on your own.
I am not a music reviewer and this is not a review, The point of writing this is first it gives me immense joy to watch my friends grow and create the kind of music that creates ripples in stillness and I wish him all the best. May he play each and every venue possible all across the globe and you as a listener take a piece of some real honest work and the person with it. This is independent music for me and it should reach to as many ears as possible. So, Press Play, Lay back, gather your friends and just be quiet for just about 23 minutes .Enjoy the stories by one of the most amazing song writers I know of and he works really hard to create sounds that will soothe your soul and is amazingly produced by Lima Yanger my friend and a Music Ninja!
Mohit Mukhi I wish you more of them and thank you for being a constant support to me as a friend and as a peer. You can listen to his EP here :
itunes- https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1293412903
Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/…/B0766J7Y1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_ly…
OKListen- https://www.oklisten.com/album/midnight_lullabies
Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/album/0YDVfmQX6guLEYaUvx37qw
Deezer- https://www.deezer.com/album/49425272
Saavn- https://www.saavn.com/…/Midnight-Lullabies-2017/-3me4A2IvTg_
Google Play Music- https://goo.gl/YbK8Re
Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/watch…
Amazon- https://www.amazon.com/…/B0766J7Y1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_ly…
OKListen- https://www.oklisten.com/album/midnight_lullabies
Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/album/0YDVfmQX6guLEYaUvx37qw
Deezer- https://www.deezer.com/album/49425272
Saavn- https://www.saavn.com/…/Midnight-Lullabies-2017/-3me4A2IvTg_
Google Play Music- https://goo.gl/YbK8Re
Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/watch…

Comments
Post a Comment